Minecraft: Education Edition at TCEA 2020
Are you coming to the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) Convention? The Minecraft: Education Edition team is excited to connect with you in Austin from February 3–7! We’ll be available throughout the conference, ready to answer your questions and point you toward resources that can help you get started with Minecraft in your classroom.
You’ll be able to find us with the Microsoft Education team at booth 1635 in the Exhibitor Hall. We’ll also be hosting a series of sessions to give educators working with Minecraft the chance to share their stories. You can catch the following sessions in Room 2 on Level One of the Austin Convention Center:
- Tuesday, February 4, 12:15–1:05: Coding with Minecraft Across the Curriculum
–Amanda Campbell, Instructional Technology Specialist, Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District
–Stephen S. Stone, Instructional Technology Training Coordinator, Cypress Fairbanks ISD
- Wednesday, February 5, 2:00–2:20: Inclusive Learning with Minecraft: Education Edition
–Justin Tucker, Learning Technology Coach, Clear Creek Independent School District
- Thursday, February 6, 8:30–9:20: Minecraft Breakout: An Escape Room Style World
–Amanda Campbell, Instructional Technology Specialist, Cypress Fairbanks ISD
–Stephen S. Stone, Instructional Technology Training Coordinator Cypress Fairbanks ISD
- Thursday, February 6, 10:30–10:50: How Minecraft Ignites STEM Learning – Stories from the Classroom
–Sooz Williams, Learning Technology Coach, Seabrook and Space Center Intermediate School
From Tuesday, February 4 to Thursday, February 6, you can also visit us in booth 1635 to find out more about student-centered learning tools, including 20-minute spotlight-sessions featuring productivity and accessibility, demos on Minecraft, Microsoft Teams, and more!
In addition to the sessions that we’re hosting, Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE) Lisa Simmons will be drawing on her extensive experience to present several sessions on Minecraft: Education Edition:
- Tuesday, February 4, 11:30–12:20: Prodigy Learning – Bridging Minecraft: Education Edition Coding Fun to Deeper Industry Certifications
- Wednesday, February 5, 8:00–9:30: Coding and Minecraft – The Best of Both Worlds
- Thursday, February 6, 10:00–11:30: What? Minecraft and Assessment? How?
There are limitless opportunities to learn how Minecraft: Education Edition can bring play-based learning to life in your classroom for subjects as diverse as art, science, history, and more. Start planning your conference today!
- Find the TCEA Convention details, agenda, and session locations here.
- You can also catch up with the Microsoft Education Team and attend sessions on the full spectrum of Microsoft edtech tools. Learn how here.
- If you’re ready to get started with Minecraft: Education Edition in your classroom or want to learn more, head to minecraft.net.
We can’t wait to connect in Austin!