Minecraft: Education Edition at Bett 2020
The Minecraft: Education Edition team will be at the annual Bett Show in London from January 22-25, 2020! Whether you’re new to game-based learning or on the cutting edge of education technology, this will be a fantastic chance to connect with our team, share your ideas, ask questions, and learn more about how Minecraft can spark creativity and collaboration across the curriculum.
Throughout Bett, you’ll be able to find us at the Microsoft Hub at Stand NF40, a massive forum for learning and showcasing edtech tools. This will be our most selfie-tastic booth yet, so don’t miss your chance to get a picture in our Minecraft environment while you explore the learning content we offer. We’ll also be announcing some exciting new material and features, so stay tuned to hear all about our big news.
We’ll have devices ready so you can get hands-on with Minecraft: Education Edition and a team of experts to answer any questions you might have. We’re excited to show you how you can use Minecraft to build student engagement through game-based learning!
We’ll have sessions throughout the conference, all taking place at the Microsoft Learn Live Theatre. Drop in to catch these half-hour talks from educators who are doing amazing things with Minecraft in the UK:
- Wednesday, 3:30–4:00 PM: James Protheroe, Assistant Headteacher at Darran Park Primary School in Wales, shares how Minecraft: Education Edition empowers teachers to engage students in subjects from coding to history. Tune in to our live stream of James’ session at 3:30 PM GMT.
- Thursday and Friday, 3:30–4:00 PM: Melanie Mulligan, Education Manager for Northern Ireland’s Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment, tells the story of the country-wide Vikings Challenge and how teachers are using Minecraft to teach across the curriculum. We’ll be live-streaming Melanie’s talk on Thursday, so tune in at 3:30 GMT.
On Friday at 11:50–12:20, there’s a session from the team at Evelina Hospital school, who’ve been using Minecraft: Education Edition as a digital classroom for students undergoing medical care. Computing Lead Teacher Benjamin Neasom, Headteacher Anne Hamilton, and Multimedia Specialist Breerha Allam will share their story, and they’ll be bringing along two pupils to showcase their amazing work. Catch the session in the Bett Schools Theatre.
You’ll also be able to learn about Minecraft: Education Edition at the Microsoft Training Academy. Wednesday through Saturday at 2:00–2:30 PM, attend Transformative Teaching with Minecraft: Education Edition with Becky Keene, Director of Phygital Labs, to take your first steps into teaching with Minecraft.
Finally, Microsoft will be hosting a day-long Saturday session all about coding: Microsoft MakeCode Saturday. At 11:00 AM–12:00 PM, MakeCode for Minecraft explores how MakeCode’s open-source coding interface creates engaging computer science learning experiences within Minecraft: Education Edition that support a progression path into real-world programming. Register for the Saturday event here!
You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn about Minecraft: Education Edition and chat with our team at Bett 2020, so start planning your trip today!
- Find the details and the agenda for Bett 2020 here.
- Don’t forget to explore what Microsoft Education has to offer. You can find all of their sessions, keynotes, live streams, and more on the Microsoft Education blog.
- If you want to learn more about Minecraft: Education Edition and explore how it can empower your students to build a better world, head to education.minecraft.net.
We can’t wait to connect in London!