Here are some helpful tips for using the new features:
- Sniffers are an ancient mob that you’ve helped bring back to the Overworld. Sniffer eggs can be found in suspicious sand, which also contains other objects like pottery sherds. Once you’ve unearthed your egg, help it hatch! Once it grows from snifflet to sniffer, it will sniff out seeds you can plant to fill your game with new decorative plants.
- Camels are a tall and rideable mob that can be saddled, tempted, and bred. We're not sure what’s more fun, riding a camel with a classmate or playing with a baby camel!
- Decorate your creations like never before! The chiseled bookshelf block allows players to store and retrieve books and quills. Craft with bamboo to decorate your worlds with a lovely mosaic block or use a bamboo raft. Use hanging signs beneath or on the side of any wood block.
- Explore archeological sites by digging into sand to find buried ruins and brush fragile sand blocks to extract pottery sherds. Explore the rare cherry blossom biome and discover the cherry tree sapling, wood set, and pink flower carpet block.
- On the ‘My Templates’ page, use the ‘My Templates’ button beside the search bar on ‘My Worlds’ to switch between worlds and templates.
- We have updates galore for everyone’s favorite coding sidekick, the agent! The agent mob now has no range restrictions; it can move and build far away from the player. The agent now has a quirky animation for unsuccessful actions and chooses which item to detect or interact with in a ‘line of sight’ in the direction the code specified, up to 1 block away. Open Code Builder to summon your agent and give it a try!
With all these exciting changes to Minecraft Education, we’ve updated our recommended system requirements for the best possible play experience.
If you’re looking for additional resources on getting setup and teaching with Minecraft Education, check out our Support Center. If you encounter any issues with this update, we encourage you to reach out to our Support Team and we can help.
We can’t wait to see the stories you create with the new Trails & Tales features!