Minecraft: Education Edition at FETC 2020
Minecraft: Education Edition is coming to FETC (Future of Education Technology Conference) in Miami, Florida, from January 14–17!
We’re excited to share all the ways that Minecraft can prepare students to build a better world through game-based learning. Throughout the conference, you’ll be able to find us at the Microsoft Education booth, where you can connect with Susie Tinker and Maria Olekheynko from the Minecraft: Education Edition team. Drop by and get advice for teaching with Minecraft, how to manage licensing and deployment at your school, or share how you’ve been using Minecraft in your classroom.
We’re also hosting a special stage presentation with educators who’ve seen incredible success teaching with Minecraft. Learn from their experience and imagine what’s possible for your school! Don’t miss these inspiring talks in the Microsoft booth:
- Wednesday, 2:30–2:50 PM: Microsoft Learning Consultant Megan Lipinczyk shares how accessibility features like Immersive Reader make Minecraft: Education Edition a powerful platform for inclusive learning.
- Thursday, 10:30–10:50 AM: STEM and Computer Science Instructional Facilitator Erik Leitner and Computer Science Instructional Specialist Annmargareth Marousky tell the story of how Broward County Public Schools in Florida are using Minecraft to ignite a passion for STEM.
- Thursday, 3:00–3:20 PM: Erik and Annmargareth return to discuss accessibility and inclusion in the context of Minecraft: Education Edition at Broward County Schools.
- Friday, 10:00–10:20 AM: Elayne Hollander, Media Specialist at Broward County Public Schools, shares how students in her media center are using Minecraft to present their learning, including their latest project about building and architecture.”
There’s also a diverse range of sessions from educators that illustrate the power of Minecraft: Education Edition in a classroom setting—across the curriculum! Stop by these sessions and add some new ideas to your teaching toolkit:
- Tuesday, 8:00–10:00 AM, Room 232: Formative Assessment Using Minecraft: Education Edition with Jeff Gearhart, Technology Coordinator at Brinnon School District in Washington
- Tuesday, 2:00–2:50 PM, Room 228 A: Redefining the Block—Minecraft: Education Edition in the Curriculum with Erik Leitner and Annmargareth Marousky
- Thursday, 8:00–10:00 AM, Room 233: Using Minecraft: Education Edition to Lead Sustainable Change Initiatives with Kristen Brooks, Instructional Tech Specialist at Cherokee County School District
- Thursday, 4:00–4:40 PM, Room 201: Minecraft: Much More than a Game with Spencer Lunsford, Technology Integration Specialist at Santa Rosa County Schools
You’ll find lots of opportunities at FETC to experience how teachers are using Minecraft: Education Edition to engage students, teach subjects across the curriculum, and empower every learner to achieve their best. We hope you’ll connect with us and start a whole new edtech journey:
- Get all the details and the complete FETC agenda here, and don’t miss all of the great sessions from our friends at Microsoft Education.
- To get fired up for the conference, take a look back through all of the exciting updates, new resources, and developments that have come to Minecraft: Education Edition in 2019.
- If you want to know more about teaching with Minecraft or how to get started in your classroom, head to minecraft.net.
We’ll see you in Miami!