11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
Math & Economics
The distance travelled by an object is area under graph of velocity-time.
June 22, 2020
Displacement using velocity-time graph.
To find displacement using velocity-time graph: Office Mix.
Displacement using velocity-time graph mcworld file
To find displacement using velocity-time graph: mcworld file
Worksheet: Microsoft word file
Worksheet for students: word file
1. Explain to students the use of equations of motion (kinematic equations).
v = u + at, s = ut + ½ at² and v² = u² + 2as.
2. Let students see the office Mix on velocity-time graphs.
3. Give worksheet (attached) to the students and ask students to complete all the questions.
4. Let groups of students to draw graph between velocity and time on graph paper for given data.
This will help them to make diagram in Minecraft.
5. If required demonstrate how to place blocks (create a world) in Minecraft.
6. Make groups of students and ask them to make a world in Minecraft by drawing velocity-time graph using
suitable blocks and finding area under the graph for given range of time.
7. Ask students to verify the displacement got from Minecraft and that calculated from the graph on paper and by
using kinematic equations.
1. Students to complete the worksheet (attached).
2. Groups of students draw velocity-time on graph paper to get an idea of blocks used in Minecraft.
3. Groups of students in groups create velocity-time graph in Minecraft using suitable scale.
4. Students calculate the area under graph for same graph drawn on paper and verify it with the area found out in
Minecraft by placing blocks under the graph and counting them.
5. Students calculate the displacement using kinematic equations and verify with the displacement found above.
1. Students will complete the supplied work sheet by solving all the given questions. This can be used to give
grades to the students.
2. Screenshots and/or camera and portfolio in Minecraft also be included to support the students work.
3. Students check the consistency of the displacement got in Minecraft and from the graph drawn on paper and
from kinematic equations.
1. Students can calculate acceleration from velocity-time graph.
2. Students can use the idea of drawing graphs for displacement vs time and calculate velocity.
Sign in with your Microsoft account and sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.