Art and Design
Reading and Writing
Student will identify key information.
September 18, 2017
Congratulations! You’ve arrived at the end of the trail. After many months of hard travel with various dangers, you survived the treacherous trail. Thinking on all you have learned over your journey, you have invaluable information for others who want to make the same trek. What do travelers need to know? Write a travel guide for friends and family back East who are planning their trip on the Oregon Trail.
Topics to consider including:
• Reasons why someone should travel the Oregon Trail
• What to bring (and not to bring)
• Important travel tips for the journey (safety, trade posts to visit, etc.)
• A map (be sure to include estimates in Minecraft distance with a proper ration to the real distances between posts)
• Pictures/selfies of your favorite places and events Remember: You can use artifacts from other activities as well as your reflection journal in your travel guide.
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.