Art and Design
Reading and Writing
Students chose a theme and create an art piece based off a piece they see at an exhibit. They must make connections to every subject within the theme.
December 29, 2016
Studen example using -Sway Component
Student example-done mostly in Sway and Minecraft. Note use of sway to show progress in build and design.
Student Example done mostly in Minecraft
https://sway.com/Kc8wz2hS4MVYNp3M see image below
A student led project in which students use inspiration from an art exhibit, or pieces shows digitally to encourage thinking about how interconnected topics and the subjects they learn in school are.
Students pick one art piece from an exhibit that inspires them and chose a theme that fits the piece. They then use that theme to create their own art piece in Minecraft. Throughout the world they create this Minecraft piece in they should connect their theme to science, math, history and Language arts. These additions can be done simply by embedding a Sway with a npc or qr code. Or students can use a variety of ways including signs and npcs to make these connections.
1. Visit Art exhibit
2. Pick art piece to focus on
3. Research and brainstorm themes
4. Research subject topic connections to theme
5. Design Minecraft build and how content will be integrated
Build and Design in Minecraft
Criteria list created for students
For an Achievement Level of Proficient the project must include:
• An overarching theme that connects to (insert exhibit name here)
• Evidence of Research you did related to your overarching theme and how it was carried out in your overall project and Minecraft creation. Include APA citations.
• Must include all key components with connections to history, English, math, science, and Minecraft creation
• Include story/artist description that goes with Minecraft Creation
• Screen clippings/Minecraft portfolio camera shots or video to show documentation of your Minecraft component.
• Must use at least three photos from the exhibit
• Make sure all audio files and writing pieces are easy to read/hear
• Make sure it is grabbing the attention of the audience
• Correctly cite any sources you may have used - APA Format
-Minecraft creation shows evidence of research
Minecraft creation shows evidence of design (blue print evidence)
Minecraft creation has clear connection to both theme and art piece that inspired it
Minecraft world or sways, qr's embended include all criteria in list
Teach The Scientific Method To All Ages
Showing Minecraft benefits to teachers
Materials availability influence
The Unknown Planet challenge: building in a biome
Journey of Food
The lesson aims to address the issue of Food Waste
World of Ecocity
Based on UN SDG 11, for sustainable future