8-10 yrs old
Math & Economics
Students will learn to use the rounding mountain method to help them visualize rounding.
August 20, 2018
Number Rock Rounding Mountain
Rounding Mountain Introduction
VDOE SOL Rounding Resources
Teacher Notes and Tasks
How do you know if a number should round up or stay the same?
1. Introduce the lesson with video: Number Rock Rounding Mountain.
2. After watching video have students create their own rounding mountain on paper.
3. Give students numbers such as 3,390, 552, and 6,675. Ask students to show if their numbers would round up or down to the nearest ones, tens, hundreds and thousands. Make sure they prove their answers.
4. Give students their own individual number and let students create their own rounding mountain in Minecraft. Students can be creative and prove that their number would either round up or rest depending on what the teacher wants the student to round their numbers to.
5. Students could use minecarts and blocks to show if their number would go over rounding mountain or stay the same.
Optional: This lesson can be adapted for older students who may have to round to the nearest decimal place.
This lesson is to spark discussion and have the students demonstrate their knowledge of rounding whole numbers.
Can you win a bridge building competition?
Students to create a sustainable energy circuit
Area and Volume
Use the formulas for area and volume.
Patterns and motifs
Patterns & motifs convey culture and heritage
Area and Perimeter Tasks
Students will demonstrate knowledge
Grade 3 CCSS Math
Units of Measurement
4th Grade CCSS Math
Mini Math Minecraft! Quick Lesson: Fractions
Recreate real-world objects in Minecraft
Angler Arithmetic – Cool Math!
Fishing Competition Teaches Math in Engaging Way
MMW: Prime Vs. Composite
Mini Math Minecraft! Quick Lesson: Prime/Composite
House Construction and Area
A lesson utilising floor plans to calculate area
Fractions Pixel Art
Break down pixel art into fractions.
Repeated Addition with Parkour
Build a parkour course to show addition.
Upcycling: Green Garden Unit
Create a Cleaner, Greener Environment for Schools
To calculate formula
Find a way out of the arena without getting caught
Experience an antique Roman city built by pupils !
Part of Whole Art (fraction)
Create pic using fractional parts
Mathematic and History
Early Sydney and Algorithms
Building a Garden Bed
Stage 2 Mathematics Support and Assessment
Explore perimeter in real life situations.
Урок для учнів 2-го класу по темі
Explore 1st quadrant
Alligator- Basic Division
To know what is Pixel and how to measure it.
Sistemas de ecuaciones 2×2
Solución de sistemas de ecuaciones
Escuela Villa Alegre
Diseño y construcción de Escuela Villa Alegre