Art and Design
Business & Entrepreneurship
Careers and Management
Students use the provided world map to plan, design, transform and create a world class concert site that is safe and EPIC! Event Planning Project.
January 24, 2017
Rock The Block .MCWORLD File
Spawn in the exact right location between two sites!
Event Planning Checklist
A basic and well done checklist of event planning to help guide students. There are more out there for sure!
Project title card
Screen shot 1
If world spawn fails here are the start coordinates
screen shot of intended world spawn coordinates
Screen shot 2 - Crafting Man
screen shot 2
Screen shot 3 - Minestock, Craftonbury, Craftchella
Can students design a globally safe and newsworthy concert venue and experience?
Can they translate designs into 3D reality within a game-based learning atmosphere?
Can they build their designs to completion within the timelines needed?
Can they pitch their venue and experience and win the investment from the International Minecraftian Bank?
Will some students have skills that all the concert sites need and can they negotiate the rental of their services to aid their site?
Are they ready to rock?
1. Students will form at least two teams (companies) of event planners.
Spawn coordinates if world spawn fails (2889, 76, -683)
2. Students will choose which concert venue and experience their company will develop.
3. Students will research current successful concert venues and experiences.
4. Students will design and implement their vision of a safe and memorable concert event venue and experience including the addition of villagers as fans.
5. Students will take screen shots of the crowd from the main stage and other viewpoints during different times in the day to show the full experience they have created. Snap away!
6. Students will use screen shots and their critically thought-out solutions to pitch to the International Minecraftian bank (Their teacher) for limited funding available for the next year's event!
EXTENSION: This project can be used in a multimedia course or literacy program as students can easily create advertisements for the event, create logos, radio ads, tv commercials, budgets in math class, and even animations of a concert. This is very expandable.
1. Students will research and apply current successful concert venue and experience strategies.
2. Students will critically and creatively add new strategies to their experience and venue and be able to speak about why these unique improvements were made
3. Students will work collaboratively in teams to design and implement a concert venue and experience strategy as a fake caompany in the event planning industry.
4. Students will determine which screen shots of the build and final product will best position their team to earn the financial support for the following year from the IMB.
Students will pitch their experience once completed for the chance to win the grant and offer their event next year.