8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
Block 2: Lesson 6. Collaborative Build
June 24, 2020
Block 2 Lesson 6 world
Block 2 Lesson 6 Educator Guide
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
• The lesson provides a lot more freedom in how students will tackle the activities and in what order;
• The lesson is collaborative, which means students will be working in groups in the same world;
• No “reset” activity is provided for this lesson;
• No “activity complete/ lesson complete” signs are provided for this lesson;
• Plan to leave 10 minutes at the end for students’ presentation of the projects.
• 5 min – Review
• 5-10 min – Planning, forming groups
• 20-25 min – Collaborative build
• 10-15 min – Presentation
Each group of students demonstrates
• At least 1 completed coding activity per group;
• Coding solutions include repeat loops, conditional loops, conditionals and operators;
• Students have arrived at more than one successful solution to each of the puzzles.
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.