A timed review game template world that teachers/students can customize with questions over their content area.
November 5, 2019
Question Planning Document
-Google Doc version
Video walkthrough of MEE world.
Review Game Template Materials
The purpose of this world is to give teachers (or students) a chance to use Minecraft:Education Edition to create a review game that utilizes real game mechanics but without all of the complexity of dealing with commands. All of the NPCs and game mechanics have been pre-programmed. Teachers (or students) simply type their questions in the pre-populated NPCs to create a dynamic review experience that their students will want to try at home as well as at school.
The six different floating isles contain a few items on them beyond the NPCs, however, they are meant to be customized to better reflect the content of the review.
Teachers (or students, if they are creating the review game) must do the following to prepare this review game:
1. Download the Review Game Template Materials. (unzip the file)
o Use the Review Game Questions Document to plan the questions that you want to ask through each NPC.
o This planning should be done before jumping into the world.
2. Import the Review Game Template world into MEE.
3. PLAY the world and switch your game mode to creative.
4. Open up the chat function by pressing "T".
5. Type the following command: /wb
o This command will allow you to access the NPC's and change what they say.
6. Using the Review Game Questions document that you did your planning with, type (or copy and paste) the questions into each NPC dialogue box or board. You may also want to customize the world at this time by building different items on each floating isle to reflect the content of the review.
7. Once you have each and every NPC finished, move your character back to the start of the review and put your character into Adventure mode (go to chat by hitting the "T" key, type /gamemode a), and clear out your inventory (go to chat by hitting the "T" key, type /clear). Then press the ESC key.
8. Press SAVE AND EXIT.
9. Click on SETTINGS for the Review World.
10. Rename your world so it reflects the content or subject area of the review game.
11. On the right hand side, scroll down the page and click EXPORT.
12. Remember where you save your exported world and then upload that world to OneNote, Google Classroom, or whatever LMS you use so that students can then download and play the world.
• A few notes:
o There is a timer that will begin as soon as a player walks through the first stone gates, so avoid doing that as you specialize your review game. This timer is to encourage players to keep moving. You may want to have players record their end times as a form of competition.
o Correct answers will gain players speed and the bridge to the next isle will be built. Incorrect answers will result in slowness effect and the bridge to the next isle will not be built.
o The NPC will allow students to click multiple answers if they choose. However, all of the effects will remain.
o At the end of the game, after the player crosses the last bridge, they will get put into creative mode, the timer will stop (which they can record or submit to you), and they will have a castle to explore as a reward.
The goal of this review world is simple: students recall, identify, evaluate small bits of information fairly quickly. This review world is designed for simple questions that are fairly short. Teachers or students can customize the review world however they choose. A teacher could also assign students the Review Game Template world in groups as a way of creating review games to share. Each group could create a different review with similar questions, created from students' notes or direct instruction. Each group could then play the other group's review and compare times. The possibilities are really endless.
Teach The Scientific Method To All Ages
Beginners Logic Gates
Learn four basic logic gates using Minecraft...
L1 Beginners Mining & Building
A lesson for beginners on how to gather resources.
Melody Lane – Music Education
Use Redstone and Note Blocks to Sequence Melodies
Leagues of Literacy
Science Fiction Writing Prompt (Fantasy)
The Island Innovation Project
Students Engineer Islands Just Like Dubai
MC:EE Musical Chairs Project!
It takes a class to raise a village!
A Cellular Organelle Community Project
Il Mondo Tutorial
Il Mondo Tutorial tradotto in italiano
Build Battle EDU
Demonstrate ANY subject's curriculum competitively
How can you make 3D printer with Minecraft
Приручник за Мајнкрафт
Српски превод званичног приручника...
Summative World Template
A timed summative assessment game template.
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.