8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
How can we represent our country in Minecraft, during 13th and 14th centuries?
April 17, 2017
Study guide 1)
1. Economic Activities;
3. Europe in the 14th century;
4. Trade routes.
Assessing student work with minecraft:
1. Highlight the vulnerability of medieval populations face to natural conditions and rudimentary techniques available.
2. Characterize the main medieval economic activities, highlighting agriculture as the main economic activity, as well as the development of internal and external trade.
3. Characterize the main external trade routes in the 13th century, highlighting the role of the Portuguese ports in this trade.
4. Relate the development of trade in the 12th and 13th centuries with the growth of cities and the urban population over the same period.
1. Identify the medieval social groups, highlighting the privileged and not the privileged.
2. The functions of each social group.
3. Indicate the privileges of the clergy and nobility and the obligations of the peasants, especially in domains Manor.
4. Refer to the difficulty in Ascend socially in the middle ages.
5. Characterization of aristocratic Manor and ecclesiastical areas, taking as an example the domain of a monastery or a secular domain.
6. Recognize the relative autonomy granted to residents in the municipalities through letters of Charter.
7. Point the existence of "Cortes", while local participation of social groups in making important decisions for the Kingdom.
8. Connect the economic growth of the 12th and 13th centuries with the strengthening of the bourgeoisie in the cities.
9. Identify some characteristics of Romanesque art and Gothic art in buildings located on national territory.
1. Refer to the 14th century Europe as a time of famine, pestilence and war.
2. Relate the famine, plague and war with the worsening living conditions of the people and with the popular uprisings of the 14th century.
3. Refer to the times of crisis moments likely to give rise to an increase in intolerance (illustrate with the persecutions that have reached the European Jewish communities during the outbreak of the black death).
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.