8-10 yrs old
Art and Design
Short Description Students reflect on their existing school, research futures learning spaces and collaboratively build a learning space.
July 13, 2018
VR tours - NSW Dept of Education New Build Schools
Take a virtual tour of some of these new school facilities to see the design and educational settings to support learning and teaching.
Future Classroom Lab
The Future Classroom Lab is formed by six different learning spaces. Each space highlights specific areas of learning and teaching.
Infographic: Design engaging learning spaces
The infographic illustrates how design principles can be integrated into new classroom designs
5 evidence-backed examples of biophilic design for schools
Biophilic design is an architectural and interior design style which incorporates and mimics nature. Look at how it can be used in school environments
1. What works well in our current school? What could we change if we had choice? What do students and teachers in the school want in a future school?
2. What features will be required in a future school, consider K-6 learning spaces including libraries, play areas, outdoor areas, corridors, you name it!
3. Do these spaces improve or enhance learning, why? – (teacher led)
1. Reflect on existing school environment inc. building, structure, indoor and outdoor areas. Document and record images with reflective comments that can be shared back. Use Google Maps to get an aerial perspective of had/soft surfaces and buildings/play areas etc. Consider dimensions of school boundaries.
2. In pairs, groups or individually as teacher chooses, research learning spaces on the Internet, explore images of learning spaces. Students survey staff and peers by generating a Google Form that captures data on student and staff perspectives of a new build school. Students set one area/room/space to research and plan for.
3. Students collaboratively build their school of the future based on 1 and 2. Students document their progress in the journal and screenshot images to show progress. Students Think –Make- Improve in a flexible and reflective process. Optional - have students calculate dimensions and consider budgeting aspects - carpet, paint etc. This will include many maths outcomes and extend the unit if desired.
1. Students act in a respectful, collaborative and resilient manner. Shared discussions, negotiated processes such as don’t touch/alter other students’ work without permission.
2. Students reflect and offer constructive and teacher moderated feedback at the end of each session.
3. Students workflow and work demonstrates self-regulation, research, time management and a measurable product in term of assigned learning space.
Can you win a bridge building competition?
Patterns and motifs
Patterns & motifs convey culture and heritage
Dynamic Ecosystems Project
Mastering ecosystems concepts, ideas, principles
Farming Industrial Revolution
Experience life pre & post industrial farming rev
Moon Craft 2.0 Lunar Learning
Students learn about the Moon & NASA's LOP-G
Minecraft Meets Art
Build with the agent
10 building exercizes with automatic testing
Adventure Theme Park
Adventure Theme Park with Roller Coaster
Minecraftia Masters 2020
Design a world-class golf course then play!
Angler Arithmetic – Cool Math!
Fishing Competition Teaches Math in Engaging Way
House Construction and Area
A lesson utilising floor plans to calculate area
The Force of Minecraft!
Energy forces in Minecraft? Where's the evidence?
Let it rain! Water Cycle
Students recreate the phases of the water cycle.
Creating a world to inspire narrative writing
The Fire Escape – MinecraftEDU
A Smart Home Has A Family Fire Exit Strategy
Music Coding Projects
Using Redstone to create musical loops & functions
Art and Magic Museum
Magic art museum where paintings come alive.
The Wild Robot Escapes
An intro lesson for the book Wild Robot Es
Aquanaut Aquarius – Habitat II
A Skype Field Trip Companion Experience (Or Not)
Part of Whole Art (fraction)
Create pic using fractional parts
Using code and note blocks to create rhythm loops
Visit Quijote´s World to learn spanish litherature
Up and Atom
Create Working Models of Atoms
History – Battle of Vimy Ridge
Choose from several adventures on real Vimy Ridge
Explore 1st quadrant
Leisure Lakes Resort
Environmentally friendly, sustainable resort
Minecraft Maze – Stage 3
Students in S3 will design, plan & build a maze
Review of the topic 'parts of the house'
Chemistry lessons in Spanish
Learn about Chemistry in Minecraft in Spanish
TUTORIAL REDSTONE CATALÀ
tutorial curs Minecraft Unviersitat de Barcelona
초등학생들의 입체도형에 대한 이해를 높이는 마인크래프트
6학년 수학과 입체도형(쌓기나무, 정육면체 쌓기)...
Escuela Villa Alegre
Diseño y construcción de Escuela Villa Alegre
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.