Art and Design
Business & Entrepreneurship
Careers and Management
Students flip houses in the same neighbourhood trying to generate maximum property value from their renovations. Neighbours help with tips throughout.
May 21, 2017
MinecraftEDU Cribs .MCWORLD File
Docs.com .MCWORLD file for MinecraftEDU Cribs
Lesson Video Walkthrough
Mentor Ben Kelly walks you through the lesson idea
MinecraftEDU Cribs Project Title Card
This full neighbourhood has beautiful homes that are empty shells. The streets and outward faces of the homes are done but the interiors are empty. This allows our students to completely create their "MinecraftEDU Cribs" inside while adjusting the exterior to maximize property value.
There are 40+ homes for students to move into and renovate and the neighbourhood includes schools, parks, and other features that can dictate a property value externally.
The town is filled with helpful NPC neighbours who offer tips and advice to students as they try to determine which changes and additions to a home increase its value.
1. Can students select a home in a neighbourhood that already has great value?
2. Can students after research and meeting with NPC neighbours determine changes and additions that will maximize their property's value?
3. Can students build and add these changes successfully and with style and function in mind?
4. Can students arrive at an asking price for the property after collaborative comparisons with fellow students efforts and considering factors that maximize property values?
5. When "The Buyer" (THE TEACHER) visits the home can the students justify their asking price by providing specific examples of why their home is worth their asking price?
1. Students in pairs or alone move into one of the 40+ homes in the neighbourhood.
2. Students put a sign up indicating for the short term that the house has been claimed.
3. Students meet with several NPC neighbours who offer advice on additions and changes they can make to maximize their new property's value.
4. Students begin to make additions, renovations and property alterations. Essentially flipping the house.
5. When done students travel around the neighbourhood looking at their fellow classmates additions, alterations and asking prices to better determine if theirs is appropriate.
6. Students await the BUYER (the teacher) and will justify their asking price by pointing out up to ten reasons they believe their home is worth what they stated.
Students will move into a home based on it's initial location value
Students will listen to NPC neighbour advice for building
Students will make alterations and additions as they renovate the propety to maximize sale value.
Students will consult with classmates to make sure their house is price perfectly
Students will justify their asking price to their teacher as the buyer with up to 10 pieces of evidence or examples supporting the price.
Teach The Scientific Method To All Ages
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.