8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
Block 2: Lesson 1. Loops and Conditionals
June 24, 2020
Block 2 Lesson 1 world
Block 2 Lesson 1 Educator Guide
The lesson will:
• Reinforce use of Repeat Loops
• Teach to use Agent Inspect Block
• Teach to use Agent Detect Block
• Teach to use While Loop Block
• Teach to use If/Else Conditional Block
Computer programs are made up of instructions that tell the computer how to process input and deliver output. An important part of programming is telling the computer WHEN to perform a certain task. For this, we use something called ‘conditionals’, because a certain condition or rule has to be met before an action is performed.
Activity 1: Detecting the First Material (Repeat Loop + If Conditional)
Activity 2: Detecting Surroundings (While Loop + If Else Conditional)
Activity 3: Navigating a Spiral (While Loop + If Else Conditional)
Activity 4: Navigating 3D Space (Repeat Loop + While Loop + If Else)
Activity 5: Just Like the Simulations (Bonus)
1. Q.: A While Loop continues until...?
Answer: A condition has been met.
2. Q.: What is a Conditional?
Answer: An action that occurs if something specific happens.
3. Q.:If we are looking for a specific block what do we use?
Answer: Agent Detect
4. Q.:In MakeCode, the conditionals blocks are found in which Toolbox drawer?
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.