8-10 yrs old
Art and Design
Reading and Writing
The teacher will explain the children about poverty, discussion on one aspect of poverty and the homeless.
June 14, 2018
How to buid wooden house
How to build a small house
The teacher will explain the children about poverty, discussion on one aspect of poverty and the homeless. Also for the other project children will be asked what comes in their mind when they think of celebrating earth Day? To test student learning outcomes, the teacher should quiz students before and after on key concepts. Key questions to consider challenging student thinking:
1. What to do you mean by Poverty?
2. How does a person become homeless?
3. What emotions do you think you would feel, if you are homeless?
4. Do you know anyone or any place where homeless people are living?
1. Field trip for homeless shelter and green house, so that students can prepare a survey.
2. Students will be shown videos related to poverty and green house
3. Students will make houses for poor people and green house in the Creative Mode in Minecraft.
1. Students must work together to plan and implement the destruction and construction. While working in a team they will discuss and value each other’s opinion.
2. Students will present their creation in a 10-15 minute presentation, showing off their creation to the class and talking about links to the homeless.
3. Students will pen down their thoughts in the form of a small essay that indicates their connection to the homeless, thoughts on their visit/YouTube videos, and how they believe they might participate in making a difference in the city to combat poverty.
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.