6-7 yrs old
8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
Climate & Environment
This cross-curriculum project is intended to be an open-ended activity involving team work in building a holiday resort in a biome of choice.
July 1, 2019
Before beginning this activity, students should have had opportunities to explore varied environments within Minecraft and know what is available in their inventory within Creative mode. They should understand how to place blocks and create structures and, if they wish to demonstrate an advanced understanding of the features of Minecraft, they should demonstrate any understanding of advanced features such as Redstone circuits and using the Code Agent when developing the structures and systems within the project.
Before using Minecraft Education Edition -
1. Brainstorm the types of buildings and facilities one might expect to find in a holiday resort in any biome of choice.
2. Brainstorm the types of resources one would need in order to build the resort.
3. Document the systems which would need to be brought into play in order to be able to have the resort function as a year round business. (Seasonal activities, seasonal foods, seasonal sporting equipment and other amenities which would be found in a holiday village.)
4. In groups – each student will choose part of the resort which they will design and build, taking everything discussed into account.
5. Groups will research how things work within a particular biome and what will need to be built in order for people to access the location, have comfortable accommodation at any time of year, have enough utilities available for all required activities (ablutions, dining, rubbish removal etc.)
6. Groups discuss how this village can be made more sustainable and use less energy and resources. Add this into the design of the part being built.
7. Extension: Research building blocks for the structures to be built as well as the price of the different materials. Create a budget spreadsheet showing costings of the materials requested for the construction.
Within Minecraft Education Edition -
5. Agree with an overall colour scheme and materials for the varied areas of the resort as a class and stick to the decision made whilst working in the multiplayer world.
6. Create the resort and take journal snapshots of the building phases worked through, the systems involving energy and circuits and the movement of people and resources through the resort.
7. Complete the documentation in the journal as required.
After completing the Minecraft Education Edition project -
8. Create a presentation about the holiday resort and have each individual present their part of the project to a familiar audience to persuade them to holiday at their resort.
Students will demonstrate some of the following curriculum outcomes (Years 2-6 Australian Curriculum and Western Australian Curriculum) when completing their work within this project:
1. Able to create a solution through investigating and defining, designing, producing and implementing and evaluating their product within Minecraft Education Edition. (WATPPS21, WATPPS22, WATPPS23, WATPPS24, WATPPS25)
2. Demonstrate an understanding of how design and function can be developed to meet the needs of community with some consideration of sustainability of the biome in which they are working. (ACSSU094, ACHASSK112, ACHASSK090, ACTDEK019)
3. Demonstrate an understanding that materials have properties which influence their use in particular situations. (ACSSU074, ACSSU031, ACTDEK023)
4. Demonstrate an understanding of how energy is transferred through a variety of systems when developing circuits and when using the coding agent to complete building of structures. (ACSSU097, ACTDIP019, ACTDIP020)
5. Demonstrate an understanding of how to meet the needs of visitors to a region whilst maintaining the natural environment. (ACSSU004, ACSSU211, ACHASSK090, ACHASSK111, ACTDEK019)
5. Plan, rehearse, create (online and in class) and deliver a presentation using content developed throughout the term of the project. (ACELY1690, ACELY1697, )
6. Work both individually and collaboratively throughout the project ensuring that individual goals are met. (WATPPS32)
Science in Minecraft
How does science in MC and the real world differ?
Intro to CS with MakeCode
Introduction to CS with MakeCode for Minecraft
Dynamic Ecosystems Project
Mastering ecosystems concepts, ideas, principles
Build a Farm with Code & Math
Build a farm with code by solving Math clues.
Farming Industrial Revolution
Experience life pre & post industrial farming rev
Explore chemical reactions and temperature.
Moon Craft 2.0 Lunar Learning
Students learn about the Moon & NASA's LOP-G
Minecraft Meets Art
Build with the agent
10 building exercizes with automatic testing
Adventure Theme Park
Adventure Theme Park with Roller Coaster
Depicting best sustainable farming method
Angler Arithmetic – Cool Math!
Fishing Competition Teaches Math in Engaging Way
Minecraftia Masters 2020
Design a world-class golf course then play!
House Construction and Area
A lesson utilising floor plans to calculate area
Let it rain! Water Cycle
Students recreate the phases of the water cycle.
The Force of Minecraft!
Energy forces in Minecraft? Where's the evidence?
Humans invent technology to help them survive.
Creating a world to inspire narrative writing
Types of Chemical Reactions
Demonstration of different types of reactions
Energy Efficient House
Designing Energy Efficient Houses
Music Coding Projects
Using Redstone to create musical loops & functions
The Fire Escape – MinecraftEDU
A Smart Home Has A Family Fire Exit Strategy
Art and Magic Museum
Magic art museum where paintings come alive.
Aquanaut Aquarius – Habitat II
A Skype Field Trip Companion Experience (Or Not)
The Wild Robot Escapes
An intro lesson for the book Wild Robot Es
Part of Whole Art (fraction)
Create pic using fractional parts
Using code and note blocks to create rhythm loops
Explore 1st quadrant
Up and Atom
Create Working Models of Atoms
Visit Quijote´s World to learn spanish litherature
History – Battle of Vimy Ridge
Choose from several adventures on real Vimy Ridge
Minecraft Maze – Stage 3
Students in S3 will design, plan & build a maze
THE SAVIOURS OF TAJ MAHAL
Save 7th Wonder of the World from pollution #SDG13
Minecraft en Puerto Rico
Desarrollo y construcción de entornos de tu país.
Review of the topic 'parts of the house'
Le bestiaire inédit
Un livre numérique animé avec Minecraft
Research Stations – Antarctica
how to build low-enviro impact research stations
Chemistry lessons in Spanish
Learn about Chemistry in Minecraft in Spanish
TUTORIAL REDSTONE CATALÀ
tutorial curs Minecraft Unviersitat de Barcelona
초등학생들의 입체도형에 대한 이해를 높이는 마인크래프트
6학년 수학과 입체도형(쌓기나무, 정육면체 쌓기)...
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.