8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
Record a weather report in Japanese. All places can be built in Minecraft, demonstrating rapid weather changes and the language around weather.
June 21, 2018
How to make a cool house in Minecraft
YouTube. (2018). How to make a cool house in minecraft - Japanese House tutorial [TEMPLE]. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3
YouTube. (2018). Japanese Listening Comprehension - Listening to a Japanese Forecast. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont
Minecraft Rules of Engagement
Minecraft rules developed by students.
Looking at the weather notes, places of interest etc. Sample weather notes below to build upon.
• Tenki wa doo desu ka. What’s the weather like? てんき は どう です か。
• Tenki ga ii desu. The weather is good. てんき が いい です。
• Tenki ga warui desu. The weather is awful / bad. てんき が わるい です。
• Ii o tenki desu ne. It’s nice weather isn’t it. いい を てんき です ね。
• Kyoo wa samui desu. Today is (it is) cold. きよう は さむい です。
• あつい atsui hot
• くもり kumori cloudy
• あめ ame rain
• ゆき yuki snow
• かぜ Kaze wind(y)
• はる haru Spring
• なつ natsu Summer
• あき aki Autumn
• ふゆ fuyu Winter
• Things you need to do to complete this task:
• Look at the vocabulary / sentence structures in Chapter 7 Mirai 2 as a guide (or any other text in regards to weather in Japanese Stage 5)
• Watch weather reports on Australian news and other weather reports from Japan to get an idea of presentation
• Your report must contain a minimum of thirty (30) sentences AND BE HANDED IN – WRITTEN IN HIRAGANA / KATAKANA.
• Include the recording of your weather report with Minecraft as the backdrop. Use Minecraft to demonstrate where you are in Japan, what the weather is like, what you might be wearing (temperature appropriate)
• You can be creative
• Read the Minecraft Rules of Engagement (or similar class rules in regards to Minecraft)
• If you want to do it as an office mix, lessons are on Lynda.com. Or you can screen shot from Minecraft using the Camera and Portfolio within Minecraft.
• Read the marking rubric
Summary – to hand in:
• Transcript (in Hiragana / Katakana)
• Video of weather report in Japanese using Minecraft .
• You will be marked on the written / read and spoken component of this task. Ten marks will also be allocated to the creativity you use within Minecraft (meaning expert levels do not need to be reached). This section for ten marks will be marked by your peers and will be determined by your ability to discuss the process, what you learned, the challenges you faced, the problems you solved and how you did that.
Below is the Minecraft section of the rubric:
Rubric reference from:
Australiancurriculum.edu.au. (2018). [online] Available at: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/media/1072/general-capabilities-creative-and-critical-thinking-learning-continuum.pdf [Accessed 31 May 2018].
Minecraft Hour of Code
Minecraft Hour of Code
A journey through biodiversity and extinction.
NGĀ MOTU – THE ISLANDS
Welcome to the Māori world of Aotearoa
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Explore new ways to teach with Fantastic Mr. Fox.
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.