14-18 yrs old
The properties of an image formed by a convex lens depends upon the distance of the object from the lens (pole).
November 3, 2017
Images formed by convex lens.
To learn how to draw ray diagrams for convex lens: Office Mix.
Images formed by convex lens: mcworld file
Images formed by convex lens when object is at 2f: mcworld file
Images formed by convex lens: PPT
Images formed by convex lens when object when object is placed at different positions: PPT
Worksheet: word file
Worksheet for students: word file
1. Show the attached PowerPoint presentation (Mix) to the students.
2. Explain to students that they need to draw ray diagrams and rules to draw a ray diagram.
3. Let students know the lens formula and sign convention used in optics.
4. Give worksheet (attached) to the students and ask students to complete all the questions.
5. Let groups of students to draw ray diagram on graph paper by placing an object at different positions. This will help the to make diagram in Minecraft.
6. If required demonstrate how to place blocks (create a world) in Minecraft.
7. Make groups of students and ask them to make a world in Minecraft by placing an object at 2f, between f and 2f, at f and between lens & f.
1. Students to complete the worksheet (attached).
2. Groups of students draw ray diagrams on graph paper to get an idea of blocks used in Minecraft.
3. Groups of students create ray diagrams by placing an object at 2f, between f and 2f, at f and between lens & f in Minecraft .
4. Students calculate the magnification obtained in each of the case in 2 using the ray diagrams drawn on paper.
5. Students calculate the magnification obtained in each of the case in 2 using the ray diagrams in Minecraft.
1. Students will complete the supplied work sheet by solving all the given questions. This can be used to give grades to the students.
2. Screenshots and/or camera and portfolio in Minecraft also be included to support the students work.
3. Students check the consistency of the positions of the images of an object in Minecraft and in ray diagrams drawn on paper.
Extension: Students can use the idea of drawing ray diagram for the images formed by concave (diverging) lens.
Explore, create & sustain life on an alien planet
Rube Goldberg Machines
Minecraft and Physics.
Make 2 Sides connect
Students will explore the basics of engineering.
Solar Power Solutions
How can we model storing energy in Minecraft?
Dynamic Ecosystems Project
Mastering ecosystems concepts, ideas, principles
Water, The Secret of Life
Water is the secret of life
Chemistry All Around You
Identify examples of common chemical reactions.
Properties of Matter
Differentiate elements, molecules, compounds.
Students create the Water Cycle in Minecraft.
Showcasing cell structure and function.
Creating an Ecosystem
What does a functioning ecosystem need?
What is the world made of?
Explore the elemental composition of the world.
Structures, Models, Molecules
Atoms & molecules can be represented in many ways
Explore chemical reactions and temperature.
Electricity – Demand Load Calc
Design & estimate electrical load calculation.
The Scientific Method
Use the scientific method to design experiments
Blood Flow through the Heart, Lungs, and Body
Exploring Chemistry Safely
Identify and reduce potential hazards in a lab.
Build a coral reef time lapse in a Minecraft world
Atomic Structures and Isotopes
Atoms are made of neutrons, protons, and electrons
Blood Cycle Escape Room
In order to get out you must know your blood cycle
The Time Machine (Activity 5)
Explore the HG Wells classic in Minecraft
Moon Craft 2.0 Lunar Learning
Students learn about the Moon & NASA's LOP-G
Design various coral reefs with Minecraft and code
Healthy Eating Lesson
Expansion of healthy eating via planting crops
Lava Flow in Volcanoes
Students can see how lava from from a volcano.
Sensors in Monitoring and Control Systems
Types of Chemical Reactions
Demonstration of different types of reactions
Sink the periodic table
Play and learn with the periodic table
Depicting best sustainable farming method
Mission to Mars
Plan a trip to mars and build a sustainable colony
Explore molecules in Minecraft
Go on a quest to learn about the heart
Crafting Your Review
Students create a review world for others.
Velocity-time graph & dispt.
To find displacement using velocity-time graph.
Sluneční soustava / Solar syst
Prozkoumej okolní vesmír!
Aquanaut Aquarius – Habitat II
A Skype Field Trip Companion Experience (Or Not)
Animal Cell Tour
Tour a 3D representation of an animal cell.
Structures atomiques et isotop
Numéro atomique, protons, électrons, neutrons.
Les réactions chimiques
Réactions chimique dans le monde réel et Minecraft
La méthode scientifique
La science en mouvement !
De quoi est fait le monde ?
Décomposer la matière en éléments chimiques
Field Trip Through The Heart
Trek the path that blood takes through the heart
La chimie en toute sécurité
Découvrir comment faire de la chimie en sécurité
La science dans Minecraft
Différences entre le monde réel et Minecraft