14-18 yrs old
The properties of an image formed by a convex lens depends upon the distance of the object from the lens (pole).
November 3, 2017
Images formed by convex lens.
To learn how to draw ray diagrams for convex lens: Office Mix.
Images formed by convex lens: mcworld file
Images formed by convex lens when object is at 2f: mcworld file
Images formed by convex lens: PPT
Images formed by convex lens when object when object is placed at different positions: PPT
Worksheet: word file
Worksheet for students: word file
1. Show the attached PowerPoint presentation (Mix) to the students.
2. Explain to students that they need to draw ray diagrams and rules to draw a ray
3. Let students know the lens formula and sign convention used in optics.
4. Give worksheet (attached) to the students and ask students to complete all the
5. Let groups of students to draw ray diagram on graph paper by placing an object at
different positions. This will help the to make diagram in Minecraft.
6. If required demonstrate how to place blocks (create a world) in Minecraft.
7. Make groups of students and ask them to make a world in Minecraft by placing an
object at 2f, between f and 2f, at f and between lens & f.
1. Students to complete the worksheet (attached).
2. Groups of students draw ray diagrams on graph paper to get an idea of blocks used in Minecraft.
3. Groups of students create ray diagrams by placing an object at 2f, between f and 2f, at f and between lens & f in Minecraft .
4. Students calculate the magnification obtained in each of the case in 2 using the ray diagrams drawn on paper.
5. Students calculate the magnification obtained in each of the case in 2 using the ray diagrams in Minecraft.
1. Students will complete the supplied work sheet by solving all the given questions. This can be used to give grades to the students.
2. Screenshots and/or camera and portfolio in Minecraft also be included to support the students work.
3. Students check the consistency of the positions of the images of an object in Minecraft and in ray diagrams drawn on paper.
Students can use the idea of drawing ray diagram for the images formed by concave (diverging) lens.
Explore, create & sustain life on an alien planet
Science in Minecraft
How does science in MC and the real world differ?
Virtualize your own School
Virtual Learning Scenario with/for Students
Make 2 Sides connect
Students will explore the basics of engineering.
Solar Power Solutions
How can we model storing energy in Minecraft?
Modelling the heart
Students design a working heart model in Minecraft
Water is the secret of life
Water is the secret of life
Dynamic Ecosystems Project
Mastering ecosystems concepts, ideas, principles
Build water irrigation system and colony
Showcasing cell structure and function.
Blood Vessels Treasure Hunt
Students collect items to build models of vessels
Creating an Ecosystem
What does a functioning ecosystem need?
Renewable Resource Coaster
Roller Coaster teaching modern energy sources
Properties of Matter
Differentiate elements, molecules, compounds.
Blood Cycle Escape Room
In order to get out you must know your blood cycle
The Time Machine (Activity 5)
Explore the HG Wells classic in Minecraft
Exploring Chemistry Safely
Identify and reduce potential hazards in a lab.
Explore chemical reactions and temperature.
Sink the periodic table
Play and learn with the periodic table
Students create the Water Cycle in Minecraft.
The Scientific Method
Use the scientific method to design experiments
Go on a quest to learn about the heart
Blokby – en grøn by
Byen skal rustes til fremtidens klimaforandringer
Explore properties of elements
Crafting Your Review
Students create a review world for others.