8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
18+ yrs old
Using NASA Open Data I have created the actual & accurate Vimy Ridge site with terrain, roads, cemeteries & structure footprints. Project Choice Too!
January 18, 2018
Project and Geography Video Walkthrough
See the site without opening the world file. Then once interested open the world file and see the two suggested choices I have created.
Vimy Ridge Open Data World by @BBTNB
Here is the world file I made for the project using the NASA open data. It's wicked accurate. Enjoy.
Project Title Card
Screen Shot of Spawn
Screen shot 2
Screen Shot 3
This project was built in line with the three pillars that guide my teaching daily:
EMPATHY - CREATIVITY - STEWARDSHIP
1. Can students explore the modern day actual geography and site of Vimy Ridge in Minecraft Education Edition and feel like they are familiar with the site?
2. Can students use drone and CBC media footage to replicate the actual Canadian National Memorial on the footprint at the top of Vimy Ridge?
3. Can students use footage from 1917 and a game-based learning environment to replicate the exact 1917 battle conditions and setting on modern day geography in Minecraft Education Edition?
4. Can students speak about their build choices and feelings during the process of building these experiences?
5. Can students think of appropriate venues for sharing their builds with audiences (including @BBTNB :) )
Enter and tour the actual geography of Vimy Ridge including cemeteries, raods, building footprints and terrain/elevation.
Choose between the two experiences of building the memorial or replicating the battle conditions of 1917 (OR another teacher chosen experience on the geography)
Complete the build mission after viewing the included media that the NPCs hold
Share your builds with others so that they can see your tribute to the battle
Talk during and after about your build choices and feelings about the media, battle, actual geography
Choose then Build