11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
A game designed to teach students about the structure and function of the human heart.
August 25, 2017
Survey to assess teamwork.
Map of the quest.
• Students will be working in groups of four.
• The task is a quest – The objective is to build models of the heart.
1. NPC's distributed around the map ask the students questions.
2. After each question the students pick a chest labeled with the answer they think is right.
3. If they select a correct room, they will find a treasure chest filled with items.
4. The students may select items they would like to use for their models.
5. If they select a wrong answer the chest operates TNT and the game is over.
6. The students will create a portfolio using the camera.
7. They will present their work to the class and explain why they selected each of the items to build their model.
8. Each team member will evaluate every other team members’ collaboration.
• Scientific knowledge: accurate description of the heart parts and their functions – 30%
• Presentation: clear and articulate explanations – 30%
• Creativity: The use of original materials and structures- 20%
• Teamwork: a weighted score of the teacher’s and the team members’ scoring (see the survey link).
Sign in with your Microsoft account and sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.