11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
Students will understand the importance of the Dardanelles War and the role of Ataturk in the first world war.
February 15, 2018
- Students brainstorm and discuss causes of the first world war.
- Teacher asks students questions to guide the discussion
- Students do some online research about the historical figure in Çanakkale
- After researching online, groups decide to which of the following they will build:
- Students work in groups of five
- Students connect to the world created by the teacher
- Students choose appropriate blocks to adapt to real design
- A group models " The Çanakkale Martyrs' Memorial"
- Other group models " Martyrs Cemetery"
- Students communicate with chat
Students can use the camera tool in Minecraft to create a portfolio and export it to Power Point or Sway.
They can present their work to the class. So, students once again remember the epic that Ataturk and Turkish soldiers wrote in Çanakkale.