8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
18+ yrs old
Art and Design
Reading and Writing
Social and Emotional Health
This lesson is designed to provide an opportunity to convey understanding of values learnt from stories using Minecraft.
June 14, 2018
RAMAYANA IN SHORT
Read the story in short before begging to work on the plan
Ramayana - long story
read in detail the episode or event that you'd like to work on
Ramayana - a video story
view the story video before beginning to work on details to help you visualize the scene or character
CHARACTER ANALYSIS SHEET
Use this sheet to brainstorm about character/scenes to analyse the messages learnt from the story
• What makes the Ramayana an epic?
• What are the lessons that one can learn from the Ramayana's characters?
• How will your attitude be affected by learning about these values?
TASK: Students explain & cite moments in the text where the character's behavior conveys a lesson & support their assertion by recreating a particular scene or character from the story in the given Minecraft world
Students will work in groups to discuss and agree upon the character/scenes that they want to depict and the messages learnt from the story. Upon brainstorming about the same each student work in a collaborative mode in the same world to create a values portfolio as learnt from the epic story of Ramayana. Students will use elements using Minecraft sign blocks like slate, poster and/or boards and book & quill tools to create a more interactive experience for the reader.
All students will work in collaboratively in the given world to explain and cite from the text moments in the narrative. Students work should
• Have a clear identifiable character/scene from the story that conveys a message/value learnt
• Students should support their assertion with at least one example from the text where the character's behavior conveys that lesson.
• Have used storytelling tools including: