6-7 yrs old
8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
Art and Design
Climate & Environment
Government and Politics
Want your students to have their own space to build? This city world map will allow students to work alone or in small groups on any topic you wish.
November 2, 2016
City World Map
Map of 4x4 City World grid. Expandable if needed.
Are cities planned? Who decides what a building looks like? Who decides where a building should go?
This lesson will allow you to plan a city. Will all of the buildings looks alike? Will there by skyscrapers? What role do parks and other public spaces play in a city? What do citizens do when they run out of space to live?
1. Students will conduct short research projects on cities - they will look at skyscrapers, maps, parks, and anything else associated with a typical 'city'.
2. After researching, students will enter the City World map (hosted by the teacher). The teacher will assign a plot for each student (or team of students) to work.
3. Using the styles and ideas they've learned with research, students will build a city.
4. A class may wish to brainstorm ideas as a whole before entering the world - Who will build a park? Who will build skyscrapers? Will there be an elevated rail system?
5. Students will take pictures as they build, and label each image in their portfolio.
6. When the city has been built, each student will export their pictures and create a Sway or Powerpoint (or another alternative) project to share their efforts with the class.
This list should be customized for each teacher/grade/class, but below are some suggested expectations:
1. Students conduct research and keep research notes (notebook, OneNote, etc)
2. Students sketch an image of their planned build.
3. Students take at least 10 pictures (with labels).
4. Students create presentation with at least 5 'slides'. Each slide should have a title, sentences, and an image.
5. Students present their project to the class or online with the world.
Detecting Wildlife Crime
Students detect and stop pangolin trafficking.
Students use DNA to investigate ivory poaching.
Sensory Garden Project
Project Based Learning Sensory Garden Design
Portugal | 1ª Metade Séc. XIX
Portugal: French invasions and liberal revolution
Urban Settlement Patterns
design and construct their own urban dream home
Explore Australian colonisation - federation
How we Learn History
Students study the Armazi idol
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.