8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
This is a model of the circulatory system which goes over its major structures, and reviews the flow of blood throughout.
March 2, 2018
This is the Minecraft EE world that accompanies this lesson.
What is the purpose of the circulatory system?
What are the major structures of the circulatory system?
How do those structures play a role in the functioning of the circulatory system?
1) Students should divide into teams. Within each team, individual students should be assigned with learning about one particular part of the circulatory system; for example, the Right Half of the Heart, the Left Half of the Heart, the Alveoli, or the Capillary Exchange.
2) Students should be given a set amount of time to explore and research their particular part of the circulatory system.
3) Students should meet and share what they have individually learned. Students are then to collaborate together to produce a real-world product that can demonstrate their understanding, whether it be a poster, or a sculpture, or whatever else they can imagine. 4) Students then present their product to the class and their teacher. They must describe each part of their product, and how it participates in the circulatory system. All students must present. Students must make sure that they answer the guiding questions.
The constructed product of student teams should meet the following expectations:
1) The product and presentation answers the guiding questions.
2) The product and presentation clearly reflects the structures of the circulatory system.
3) The product and presentation clearly shows the flow of blood through the circulatory system.
4) The product is aesthetically pleasing.
Teachers may design their own rubrics using these criteria and others.
Rube Goldberg Machines
Minecraft and Physics.
Make 2 Sides connect
Students will explore the basics of engineering.
Chemistry All Around You
Identify examples of common chemical reactions.
Solar Power Solutions
How can we model storing energy in Minecraft?
Properties of Matter
Differentiate elements, molecules, compounds.
Dynamic Ecosystems Project
Mastering ecosystems concepts, ideas, principles
Water, The Secret of Life
Water is the secret of life
Students create the Water Cycle in Minecraft.
What is the world made of?
Explore the elemental composition of the world.
Build a coral reef time lapse in a Minecraft world
Structures, Models, Molecules
Atoms & molecules can be represented in many ways
Explore chemical reactions and temperature.
Creating an Ecosystem
What does a functioning ecosystem need?
Showcasing cell structure and function.
The Scientific Method
Use the scientific method to design experiments
Exploring Chemistry Safely
Identify and reduce potential hazards in a lab.
Mission to Mars
Plan a trip to mars and build a sustainable colony
Design various coral reefs with Minecraft and code
Electricity – Demand Load Calc
Design & estimate electrical load calculation.
Atomic Structures and Isotopes
Atoms are made of neutrons, protons, and electrons
Healthy Eating Lesson
Expansion of healthy eating via planting crops
Moon Craft 2.0 Lunar Learning
Students learn about the Moon & NASA's LOP-G
Blood Cycle Escape Room
In order to get out you must know your blood cycle
Canyon Arch Bridge
8th Grade Engineering Challenge
Depicting best sustainable farming method
Sensors in Monitoring and Control Systems
Types of Chemical Reactions
Demonstration of different types of reactions
Sink the periodic table
Play and learn with the periodic table
Velocity-time graph & dispt.
To find displacement using velocity-time graph.
Images formed by convex lens.
To learn how to draw ray diagrams for convex lens.
Crafting Your Review
Students create a review world for others.
Explore molecules in Minecraft
Go on a quest to learn about the heart
Aquanaut Aquarius – Habitat II
A Skype Field Trip Companion Experience (Or Not)
Animal Cell Tour
Tour a 3D representation of an animal cell.
Field Trip Through The Heart
Trek the path that blood takes through the heart
Sluneční soustava / Solar syst
Prozkoumej okolní vesmír!
Les réactions chimiques
Réactions chimique dans le monde réel et Minecraft
Structures atomiques et isotop
Numéro atomique, protons, électrons, neutrons.
La méthode scientifique
La science en mouvement !
De quoi est fait le monde ?
Décomposer la matière en éléments chimiques
La chimie en toute sécurité
Découvrir comment faire de la chimie en sécurité
La science dans Minecraft
Différences entre le monde réel et Minecraft