11-13 yrs old
The task is a game with levels - The objective is to summarize the circulatory system topic.
April 17, 2017
Team survey link
Team survey link
Circulatory System Summary Lesson
• Students will be working in groups of four.
• The task is a game with levels - The objective is to summarize the circulatory system topic.
1. First task: in 10 minutes, the students will build a model of the Systemic and Pulmonary blood cycles.
• After time is up, all the students "visit" the blood cycles of other teams and comment regarding the accuracy of the blood flow order. The winning is the one that built the most accurate model.
2. Second task: The teacher copies the chart from the attached lesson plan to the board - Problems Regarding the Circulatory System
• each group of students will select a problem and fill out its row in the chart.
• Third task: each team will represent their chosen problem and the solution in creative mode. The winning team is the one that built the most accurate model.
3. The students will create a portfolio using the camera.
4. They will present their work to the class and explain why they selected each of the items to build their model.
5. Each team member will evaluate every other team members’ collaboration.
• Scientific knowledge: accurate description of the problem and the solution – 30%
• Presentation: clear and articulate explanations – 30%
• Creativity: The use of original materials and structures- 20%
• Teamwork: a weighted score of the teacher’s and the team members’ scoring (see the survey link).
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.