8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
This is a model of the circulatory system which goes over its major structures, and reviews the flow of blood throughout.
March 2, 2018
This is the Minecraft EE world that accompanies this lesson.
What is the purpose of the circulatory system?
What are the major structures of the circulatory system?
How do those structures play a role in the functioning of the circulatory system?
1) Students should divide into teams. Within each team, individual students should be assigned with learning about one particular part of the circulatory system; for example, the Right Half of the Heart, the Left Half of the Heart, the Alveoli, or the Capillary Exchange.
2) Students should be given a set amount of time to explore and research their particular part of the circulatory system.
3) Students should meet and share what they have individually learned. Students are then to collaborate together to produce a real-world product that can demonstrate their understanding, whether it be a poster, or a sculpture, or whatever else they can imagine. 4) Students then present their product to the class and their teacher. They must describe each part of their product, and how it participates in the circulatory system. All students must present. Students must make sure that they answer the guiding questions.
The constructed product of student teams should meet the following expectations:
1) The product and presentation answers the guiding questions.
2) The product and presentation clearly reflects the structures of the circulatory system.
3) The product and presentation clearly shows the flow of blood through the circulatory system.
4) The product is aesthetically pleasing.
Teachers may design their own rubrics using these criteria and others.
Sign in with your Microsoft account and sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.