11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
Careers and Management
Students will explore a variety of career options that demonstrate the limitless opportunities of a chemistry degree.
August 12, 2019
Careers in Chemistry Game Trailer
Kate the Chemist: Elephant's Toothpaste
How to make Elephant's Toothpaste, as seen in the Careers in Chemistry game trailer.
Minecraft World Files
Download the Careers in Chemistry game: https://tinyurl.com/CiCMedu
Chemistry Career Examples
A description of the careers featured in the Careers in Chemistry game.
Chemistry Degree Pathways
A career in chemistry starts with a chemistry degree.
* What is Chemistry? [TEKS CHEM.2A, CHEM.2B]
* Can you think of ways that chemistry is present in your daily life? [TEKS CHEM.3B, CHEM.3C]
* How has chemistry improved your life? [TEKS CHEM.3D]
* What are a few common real-world applications of chemistry? [TEKS CHEM.3D]
* How does a background or understanding of chemistry prepare you for a variety of chemistry-related careers? [TEKS CHEM.3E]
* Have students prepare a career profile collage for any potential career that leverages the skills of chemistry Ask students to present this to the class and explain why chemistry is vital to their profiled career. [TEKS CHEM.3E]
* Have students think of careers not included in the Careers in Chemistry game that require a background in chemistry. Ask students to discuss and evaluate their proposed careers they come up with as a class. [TEKS CHEM.3E]=
* Have students research either a historical or contemporary chemist and ask students to prepare a short summary of their findings. Why did the subject become a chemist? What challenges or influences shaped the subject’s life? [TEKS CHEM.3F]
* Student explores the world at their own pace, gaining familiarity with scientific principles within the controlled environment of gameplay.
* Student gains an in-depth understanding of how chemistry intersects with at least one of the career options outlined in the game.
* Student expands their experience in game play to develop ideas around other ways that chemistry intersects with their daily life.
* Student evaluates other careers in terms of skills required, number of years of training, and potential sectors and places of employment.
* Student selects appropriate historical and biographical resources to research an individual and produces an analytical account of their influences, decisions, and impact.
* Student references and cites all resources appropriately.
Sign in with your Microsoft account and sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.