6-7 yrs old
8-10 yrs old
Math & Economics
Explore and learn how to calculate area
April 16, 2018
Math Area world
Math Area world Can be downloaded and imported into Minecraft: Education Edition
• Students explore the word Area - it is the space inside a shape
• Students will learn how to find the area of a rectangle or square.
• Consider the operations used to solve for area.
Students will explore the Math area world
They will navigate and explore different aspects and methods of finding the area.
1) Build a structure with an area of 36 square units. Label it as building 1.
2) Build four different structures like pen, barn, coop etc with an area of 12 units. Label it a pen, barn, coop etc.
They will build structures and demonstrate their understanding of the area.
* All Learners will be able to explain what is Area
* Most Learners will be able to calculate area by counting blocks
* Some Learners will be able to apply formulae for calculating an area
Sign in with your Microsoft account and sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.