Introducing our new website!
14 Jun 2021
Introducing our new website!
As you may have noticed, we have a new website! Over the past year, the team has been redesigning our Minecraft: Education Edition website to address the needs of our growing global community.
The goal of this redesign was to streamline the unique onboarding journey for each visitor to the site; to make it easier to find that perfect resource within our growing body of lessons, worlds, and trainings; and to provide a more seamless experience from your first look at Minecraft: Education Edition to download and use in the classroom.
We look forward to hearing your feedback as we continue to improve the site this summer!
WHAT’S NEW ON THE SITE
We are excited to bring you a new set of features including better support, new learning activities, improved search, and increased stability. Here is a list of new site features to look out for:
- Streamlined navigation – We have redesigned the site navigation to help educators, parents, IT administrators, and new users more quickly find information about Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Language support – Our launch today starts with English, but the site will soon support all 20 languages offered by Minecraft: Education Edition, including Spanish, Indonesian, Portuguese, Korean, French, Japanese, and Swedish, for our growing global community.
- More comprehensive support for new users – New pages devoted to each of our user communities—including parents, summer camps and club, and IT administrators—offer a tailored set of teaching resources and support materials.
- New trial and purchase flow – Our new site makes it easier for new users to buy licenses and get started with Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Faster and more comprehensive search – We have improved search functionality to make it easier to find lessons, classroom activities, challenges, and worlds to suit your needs. Use advanced search to search by age, country/region, subject, type of resource, and educational standard.
- Comprehensive visual overhaul – We freshened up our site’s look and added a color scheme to provide navigational cues throughout the site.
- Modernized technology stack – The new site offers greater stability to support our growing user base and content library.
HOW TO SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
Our website is a work-in-progress and we’re eager to hear your suggestions for improvements! Share your feedback and ideas in this forum on our Community Hub. (We promise to read every one!) If you notice a bug, whether related to site functionality, design, or content, please let us know by filling out a support ticket: https://aka.ms/MEE_New_Request
Thank you for your patience as we evolve and improve the site. We welcome you to follow us on social media and subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more updates as we continue to release new features, learning and training content, and more!