11-13 yrs old
Climate & Environment
Antarctica: why people go there, how it is impacted by climate change, what the environmental characteristics are
July 10, 2018
Data table for research stations in Antarctica
Map of Antarctica
Labels of countries and their research station locations included.
What is the land of Antarctica primarily used for?
What animals inhabit the land?
What are the issues facing Antarctica, its inhabitants and ecosystems?
How do scientists have an impact on the environment in Antarctica?
What are some of the research focuses in Antarctica?
- Use online research strategies to identify at least 3 different research stations in Antarctica (the table that is listed on Wikipedia about research stations is a great starting point and is included in the external references). Locate each station on the linked copy of the Antarctica map (see external references) and discuss with a partner the structural features of each station. Is it a permanent structure or a temporary/seasonal structure?
- Once 3 research stations have been identified and discussed in the pairs/groups, this will serve as a starting point for students to design their own research station that has a low environmental impact and could be moveable. Students need to decide where it will be located and what building materials will be used. Once a design for the building has been created, students then build it on the Minecraft map of Antarctica at the location they have decided on.
- Students need to collect screenshots of their progress constructing their research station and keep this evidence in a word document with a sentence summarising each point in their progress.
- Once the construction is complete, students are to take a final screenshot and upload it in a separate word document for publishing to either their Google Classroom page or a class blog, including the name of their station and a description entailing its purpose.
1. Students use appropriate research sources and strategies for conducting investigations into Antarctica's research stations.
2. Students use the labelled map of Antarctica in an appropriate manner to locate and identify research stations, as well as the location where they want to build their own.
3. Students can check their building against their map of Antarctica and pinpoint its location.
4. Students can describe the impact of their chosen research structure on the surrounding environment and animal populations.
Science in Minecraft
How does science in MC and the real world differ?
Intro to CS with MakeCode
Introduction to CS with MakeCode for Minecraft
Dynamic Ecosystems Project
Mastering ecosystems concepts, ideas, principles
Build a Farm with Code & Math
Build a farm with code by solving Math clues.
Farming Industrial Revolution
Experience life pre & post industrial farming rev
Explore chemical reactions and temperature.
Moon Craft 2.0 Lunar Learning
Students learn about the Moon & NASA's LOP-G
Minecraft Meets Art
Build with the agent
10 building exercizes with automatic testing
Adventure Theme Park
Adventure Theme Park with Roller Coaster
Depicting best sustainable farming method
Minecraftia Masters 2020
Design a world-class golf course then play!
Angler Arithmetic – Cool Math!
Fishing Competition Teaches Math in Engaging Way
Let it rain! Water Cycle
Students recreate the phases of the water cycle.
House Construction and Area
A lesson utilising floor plans to calculate area
The Force of Minecraft!
Energy forces in Minecraft? Where's the evidence?
Humans invent technology to help them survive.
Creating a world to inspire narrative writing
Types of Chemical Reactions
Demonstration of different types of reactions
Energy Efficient House
Designing Energy Efficient Houses
The Fire Escape – MinecraftEDU
A Smart Home Has A Family Fire Exit Strategy
Music Coding Projects
Using Redstone to create musical loops & functions
Art and Magic Museum
Magic art museum where paintings come alive.
The Wild Robot Escapes
An intro lesson for the book Wild Robot Es
Aquanaut Aquarius – Habitat II
A Skype Field Trip Companion Experience (Or Not)
Using code and note blocks to create rhythm loops
Part of Whole Art (fraction)
Create pic using fractional parts
Up and Atom
Create Working Models of Atoms
Visit Quijote´s World to learn spanish litherature
Explore 1st quadrant
History – Battle of Vimy Ridge
Choose from several adventures on real Vimy Ridge
Leisure Lakes Resort
Environmentally friendly, sustainable resort
Minecraft Maze – Stage 3
Students in S3 will design, plan & build a maze
Minecraft en Puerto Rico
Desarrollo y construcción de entornos de tu país.
THE SAVIOURS OF TAJ MAHAL
Save 7th Wonder of the World from pollution #SDG13
Review of the topic 'parts of the house'
Le bestiaire inédit
Un livre numérique animé avec Minecraft
Chemistry lessons in Spanish
Learn about Chemistry in Minecraft in Spanish
초등학생들의 입체도형에 대한 이해를 높이는 마인크래프트
6학년 수학과 입체도형(쌓기나무, 정육면체 쌓기)...
TUTORIAL REDSTONE CATALÀ
tutorial curs Minecraft Unviersitat de Barcelona
如果你想了解在中国发行的Minecraft我的世界教育版，请访问我们的中国官方网站. 你也可以留在 education.minecraft.net了解世界其他地方如何使用Minecraft: Education Edition.